Followers of Jesus have been invited graciously into God’s redemptive purposes for the world through the church. In light of this reality, the opportunity to join a local church is much more than a commitment to consistent attendance or active involvement in community.
It is also a sacred call to be involved in the redemptive work of our sovereign God and to be a microcosm of the universal household of God. Therefore, we will covenant together to fulfill these purposes and hold one another accountable to this high calling.
Therefore, having received Jesus Christ as my personal Savior, and being in agreement with the beliefs, vision, mission and strategy of the church, and being willing to participate in the life of the church, I now feel led by the Holy Spirit to unite with this church family called Atlantic Shores Baptist Church. In so doing, I commit myself to God and to my brothers and sisters in Christ in the following ways.
1. I will protect the UNITY of my church.
- By acting in love toward other members
- By refusing to gossip or talk evil about others
- By following the leaders as they follow Jesus
Romans 15:5, 9; Ephesians 4:3, 13; 1 Peter 1:22; Hebrews 13:7
2. I will share the RESPONSIBILITY of my church.
- By praying for its growth
- By giving a tithe of my financial resources
- By inviting my friends and neighbors to attend
Malachi 3:9-10; 1 Thessalonians 1:2; Luke 14:23; Romans 15:7; 1 Corinthians 8-9, 16:2
3. I will serve the MINISTRY of my church.
- By attending weekend worship gatherings regularly
- By connecting in community with others in a ife group
- By serving on a lay ministry team
Acts 2:42-47; Ephesians 4:12; Hebrews 10:25
4. I will support the TESTIMONY of my church.
- By living a godly life
- By telling others about Jesus
- By loving God and my neighbor
Philippians 1:27; Matthew 28:19-20; Luke 10:25-27
If you agree to keep the Membership Covenant above and wish to continue the membership process, fill out the Membership Application below.