April 8, 2023
Scripture Reading: Psalm 16:10; 1 Peter 3:18-20
Holy Week is anything but silent. Even on Good Friday, Jesus cried out from the cross seven times, including “My God, my God. why have you forsaken me?” (Matthew 27:46). But after Jesus breathed His last breath, and they placed His body in the tomb, everything is silent. Saturday is silent. God is silent.
Is God trusting you with His silence? It is tempting to think that He has abandoned you, or that He is angry and disappointed with you. However, His silence might be preparing you for a glorious resurrection and a greater intimacy with Him.
The other days during Holy Week get more attention than Saturday. But don’t miss the opportunity to reflect on Jesus in the tomb and on those times in your life when God is silent.
Hoptastic is cancelled due to rain.
Hoptastic, a fun Easter experience for kids, happens on Saturday, April 8, from 11am to 2pm at City View Park. Parents and kids will enjoy the following:
- 3 age-appropriate Easter egg hunts
- Petting zoo with alpaca, mini-donkey, goats, sheep, bunnies, and a mini-horse
- Bounce houses with an obstacle course and 18-foot slide
- Carnival-style games with prizes
- Cake walk
- Preschool stick horse corral
- Preschool bounce house and ball pit
- Volleyball and basketball available for older kids/teens
- Hot dogs, chips, and water
Hoptastic is free. But please register below.