Shores Global Initiatives is the global missions and local outreach ministry of the church. The gospel initiatives we support include, but are not limited to, the following causes that help us glorify God by making disciples of Jesus Christ who go and make disciples.
- Training Pastors
- Planting Churches
- Sending God’s Word
- Feeding the Homeless
- Defending Life
- Rescuing Orphans
- Disaster Relief
- Evangelism and Discipleship
A Shores Global Initiator falls into one of three categories:
Shores Missionaries. A Shores Missionary is someone who was previously an active member of the church whom God called into a vocational gospel ministry that helps extend the mission of Atlantic Shores Baptist Church. Some missionaries serve locally and others serve internationally in places like Camaroon, Indonesia, and Africa.
Strategic Partners. A Strategic Partner is a larger non-profit organization that aligns well with Atlantic Shores Baptist Church in cause, gospel, mission, and theology. As an extension of our ministry, we invest in theirs because they have a proven record of successful, faithful, and fruitful ministry.
- Institutional Outreach. Institutional outreach describes specific local outreach or global missions that Atlantic Shores funds, administrates, and implements directly like benevolence, food pantry, and local media outreach.
Who Do We Support?
Below is a list of Shores missionaries, strategic missions partners, and institutional outreach we currently support financially through the faithful and generous giving of our church family, and the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Christian Surfers, Missionaries Casey and Jennifer Cruciano
- Child Evangelism Fellowship, Missionary Stephanie Foley
- Crisis Pregnancy Center of Tidewater
- CRU, Missionary Ben Bennet
- FORWARD Hampton Roads Church Planting
- Hallelujah Harvest
- International Mission Board of the SBC
- North American Mission Board of the SBC
- Operation Blessing
- Project Lucas, Missionaries Scott and Alisa Dishong
- Recovery for Life, Missionaries Paul and Suzie Hardy
- Shores Food Pantry
- Something Good Radio
- Southern Baptist Conservatives of Virginia
- World Help, Guatemala Church Planting
- World Team, Missionaries Nathan and Laurel Conrod
Shores Global Initiatives Funding
We teach biblical financial stewardship and believe God's way to fund His gospel work is through the systematic giving of His church. As a starting point, we direct at least ten percent of all giving to Atlantic Shores Baptist Church to support our many local outreach and global missions initiatives. For these reasons, we do not fund church ministries or missions through additional car washes, candy bar sales, bake sales, yard sales, or the like.
By prioritizing outreach and missions first in our ministry budget, the church family will invest more than $500,000 in gospel initiatives at home and around the world through FORWARD (2020-2022), with a major emphasis on church planting. The elder body reviews and approves funding for all Shores Global Initiatives.